Patented Blackbeard for Men is instant, brush-on temporary colour for beard, moustache and sideburns. Applies in seconds, lasts all day, looks natural and has none of the side-effects, odour or hassle of dyes. This is not a hair dye- it is a temporary colour which has the advantage of lasting all day but can also easily be washed out.
Blackbeard for Men is normally used by those who do not want to dye their hair. When using this product, you can leave as much grey as you want (for a natural look,) or cover the grey completely. Use it on your roots if you need a touch up and don't want to re-apply your regular hair dye. Also great to fill in gaps, making it ideal for men with thinner beards or stubble who want a more fuller look. Lastly, you can use it on your eyebrows, which you definitely cannot do with a dye.
This product can be applied on the beard, moustache, eyebrows, sideburns or on the hair.
This is a 1-pack of Blackbeard for Men Formula X (.40 ounces), approximately a 4-week supply with average use and an average beard (neatly trimmed.)
Available in Brown Auburn, Dark Brown, Brown Black (new for 2016) and Black.
Brown/Auburn -- Best used by someone with a brown and auburn mix hair colour
The bottle comes with a brush on applicator ( a bit like a mascara). Using the applicator brush to comb on the colour in the direction of your hair growth and brush on as much product as you need. It works best on neatly trimmed hairs and will dry in about 30 seconds. If you feel you have applied too much, then just wipe away the excess with a tissue. After about 8 hours the colour will begin to wear off. At the end of the day, you should wash away the colour in hot water.
Caution: Do not use near eyes. Avoid contact with clothing and fabric. Some staining may occur. As with all cosmetic products, patch test first for sensitivity.
Is Blackbeard for Men safe to use?
Blackbeard for Men was developed with a leading manufacturer of hair care and cosmetics products. The formulation uses only the finest approved and well-established colourants used safely for decades in other products around the world. It is safety tested and non-toxic. Blackbeard for Men is not a dye, so it is ideal for people who are sensitive to the harsh chemicals in dyes. Most people who are unable to use dyes are able to use Blackbeard for Men. However, some people do have skin allergies or certain sensitivities. If you experience any discomfort or symptoms such as skin rash, itching or dry skin, discontinue use of Blackbeard for Men immediately and consult a physician.
Will Blackbeard for Men rub off?
Blackbeard for Men Formula X is designed to be resistant to smudging, so you can wipe your mouth with a napkin while eating and not worry about wiping away all the product. That said, a certain amount of Blackbeard for Men will fade or could wipe off with aggressive rubbing or face-washing. Blackbeard for Men is not permanent colour like dye and does begin to fade after about 8 hours wear (or more.) It may be wise to carry a bottle around for touch-ups as needed, just in case. Certain activities produce more wear and tear on the product. For example, surfing – after being out in the sun and salt water for a few hours, your Blackbeard for Men will have faded a bit (but will still look natural). Note that Blackbeard for Men may stain some fabrics. Wash with soap and cold water. Wash it off completely in the shower or else some residue may rub off on your towel after a shower. And wash it off before bed if you use light-coloured sheets.
Will my friends know I’m using Blackbeard for Men?
No. When applied properly, Blackbeard for Men looks absolutely natural. Some friends may not even realize how your appearance has changed. They may stare at you for a while trying to figure out what’s up, but may not even be able to put their finger on the difference!
How long will a bottle of Blackbeard for Men last?
For the average user (well-trimmed moustache & goatee beard and sideburns) one bottle of Blackbeard for Men Formula X lasts approximately 4 weeks with average use, when used every day. Users with a fuller or longer beard will obviously use more product. For best results with Blackbeard for Men, we recommend neatly groomed to moderate facial hair growth. Unfortunately, you guys with Grizzly Adams or ZZ Top-style beards, Blackbeard for Men is not for you!
How long does Blackbeard for Men last when applied?
Blackbeard for Men Formula X has a special long-lasting, water-resistant formula that lasts 8 hours or more with average use. Many of our customers simply put it on in the morning and forget about it. Typically you’ll still have about 50% coverage even the next morning.
While it is durable and water resistant, Blackbeard for Men is not a dye. It does fade over time and with wear and tear, face washing, etc., so consider having some on hand if you’re going to be out of the house for a while.
What are the ingredients?
The patented ingredients in Blackbeard for Men Formula X have been safely used in cosmetics products for many years. However, some people may have skin sensitivity, allergies, or other issues. If you experience any of these or any other symptoms, please discontinue use of Blackbeard for Men immediately and contact a health care professional. Blackbeard for Men is for external use only! Blackbeard for Men Formula X has also been safety tested and found 100% mercury-free.
1) Apply Dry. After your shower, dry your facial hair thoroughly before applying Blackbeard for Men.
2) Keep it Neat. Blackbeard for Men works best on neatly trimmed to moderate-length facial hair. It does not well on large sections of hair.
3) Think like a painter. Brush on Blackbeard for Men in the same direction as your natural hair growth. This will ensure that it looks natural and, even better, will fill gaps undetectably.
4) Consider Leaving a Little Gray. Yep, you can get rid of all the grey with Blackbeard for Men, but it looks more natural if you leave a little, especially around the edges. This will also help the product continue to look natural as it wears over time. (Of course, you can always reapply Blackbeard for Men when/if needed!)
5) Just a Little Touch-Up. Consider having a tube of Blackbeard for Men in your pocket or briefcase just in case you need a touch-up at some point throughout the day.
6) Oops! Hey, it happens. Sometimes while putting on Blackbeard for Men, we put on too much, or get some on a part of our face where we don’t want it. Just grab a wet washcloth, tissue, whatever, and wipe it off. And if it gets on fabric, wash with cold water and soap.
7) Get Your Date On. Blackbeard for Men was specifically designed to help guys on the dating circuit. Users report stunning results after using Blackbeard for Men versus before. So feel free to experiment a bit. One Blackbeard for Men user tells us he uses the product to contour his facial hair to give himself a more devilish look. “I’m getting so much tail it’s insane,” he writes.
8) Mix N’ Match. Another Blackbeard for Men user tells us that while his beard is mostly light brown, he uses a touch of the dark brown to add tonalities to it that he says makes it look better. And another user says that while his hair is dark brown, he likes to use black-color Blackbeard for Men because he feels it makes his chin look stronger. Whatever works for you!
9) Beware the Hair. Blackbeard for Men is specifically designed for facial hair, which tends to be a bit coarser than the hair on your head. Because of that, we don’t recommend using it on bald spots or fringes. It will work, but it might be a bit clumpy. But feel free to experiment and let us know what works for you!
10) The Power Is In Your Hands. You control exactly how much Blackbeard for Men you want to use. Use sparingly for a subtle look, or go for it and wipe that gray out completely. Unlike the leading competing men’s facial hair colour product, with Blackbeard for Men, you control your look.
Posted by Unknown on 9th Sep 2016
Great item with desired result. Does perfectly what it says. No mess.
Posted by Vaughan on 16th May 2016
This is truly a fantastic product, exactly what I was hoping for (almost). After using Just For Men for a few months and suddenly getting terrible sores on my face, I thought I'd have to either settle for a grey beard or shave it off.
Then I found this little treasure. It looks fantastically natural and only takes a few minutes to apply...perhaps less than a minute.
Just apply it slowly and sparingly...less is more here, so don't pile it on, you're not creosoting the fence here. Soft slow brushes and before you know it, you've got an awesome beard. I only have a short goatee and moustache and it looks brilliant.
The reason for 4*'s and not 5 and the "almost" above is because it does not last all day. It's great for about 6 hours but then you do need to re apply a little. So at work; I start at 7.30am, and so at 1pm lunch time, I pop to the bathroom for a touch up (bit of a pain, really!). If I'm at home I don't bother re applying, I put it on at about 9 or 10am and its good enough for the whole day.
Summing up....if you are sensitive to the dyes they sell in the shops, then give this a try, you won't regret it. For a truly natural look, it is AWESOME!!
Posted by Unknown on 22nd Jul 2015
Does exactly what it says. Easy and quick to apply
All prices are in GBP.