Lumos Ultra MIPS Helmet Charcoal Black Size Medium - Large
- 0.72 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
Lumos Ultra - Super Bright COB LED Lights, Highly Ventilated, Controllable Light Functions
The Lumos Ultra with integrated LEDs, which can be controlled as a bicycle light in various flashing modes, directional indicators or brake light, provides an incredibly high level of safety when driving through traffic and all this at a very moderate price for the large, exceptional range of features. Connect to the Lumos app to track your rides and share the data with Strava, Apple Health or Google Fit. The LUMOS Ultra protects with its powerful, highly visible lighting in several flashing modes. In darkness and in adverse weather conditions with limited visibility, it makes you clearly visible, especially to other road users* and shows them your turning and braking maneuvers, which greatly increases your safety. Its lighting technology also illuminates your path and is waterproof and cold-resistant. There are many arguments for using a Lumos Ultra helmet compared to using a conventional bicycle helmet without lighting.
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System)
The MIPS impact protection system is a low-friction layer under the helmet padding that reduces the rotational forces transmitted to the brain during an impact. This layer allows the head to move 10-15 mm in all directions relative to the helmet during a fall and redirect energies and forces that would otherwise be transmitted to the brain. MIPS helmets are designed to protect the brain from an oblique impact because a fall at an angle generates rotational forces that are transferred to the brain and can lead to brain injuries. MIPS can reduce both rotational forces and the risk of brain damage.
COB LED Lights
Chips On Board (COB) is a method of LED packaging which has a number of advantages over more conventional technologies. It allows for a more compact footprint whilst delivering a higher intensity of light meaning you’ll be seen from further away. It is also what gives the lights a more uniform look.
- 22 white LEDs in the front, can be used as indicators
- 84 red LEDs in the rear, can be used as indicators and automatic brake light
- Control via turn signal remote control (incl. holder for the handlebars) or Lumos App
- Maximum battery life: approx. 10 hours
- Powerful, highly visible illumination in various flashing modes
- Control technology: Bluetooth connectivity (BLE 4.2)
- Adjustable sizing (M/L)
- Internationally certified (EU / US and Australian standards are covered)
- Weather- and moisture-proof lighting technology according to standard IPX 6
- USB-C charging connectivity
- Apple Watch compatible
- Highly ventilated due to long, large ventilation channels
Size Medium - Large
Size M-L: 54 - 61 cm
It's a simple task to measure your head size. Grab a measuring tape and place it around your head, mid-forehead just above your ears. Make sure you keep it leveled and read the cms/inches.